As far as free time goes, it's been a little hectic. As such, not much has been done on the car. The right side turn signal that wasn't working was traced down to a faulty connector in the engine compartment. Now all of the turn signals work. I installed the new high beam indicator on the dash where the original was missing the blue lens. While I was at it, I cleaned the dash with a toothbrush and removed the face of the speedo and tach to clean the glass and buff out the bright work. The dash will come out eventually and get a GOOD cleaning, but for now it'll do. It's much more presentable and keeps me happy.
Since then, I've been working on a little project for Cristian's 3rd birthday party, coming up this weekend. The theme for the party is Thomas the Train, and in that spirit I had the idea of building a railroad crossing for him for decoration for the party. The following video is the result minus the top and bottom being finished to look pretty:
Because my cabinet doors were only plywood, and a thin plywood at that, they warped quickly as I had expected they would. I bought 1x2 fir and framed out each door to strenghten and fill gaps around the edge of the doors. I think they look nice, they are much more functional and will look nice painted or not. The bottom shelves and doors are next on my agenda but I think I'd like to get back to work on the car for a little while and address the bottom doors later.
Copyright © 2010 All rights reserved.