2/25/11 Marker lights deleted and trunk lid emblem.

I decided some time ago that I like the old style trunk lid emblem better than the more modern emblem which came on the car. The last time I ordered something from my supplier I bought the emblem. Now that I've begun body work, I decided to fit the emblem. I had already made a template in cardboard for the emblem. After I squared it on the trunk lid, I marked and drilled the holes. I think it looks a whole lot more elegant than the original.

After test fitting, I welded up the holes of the original emblem, along with the remaining three marker light locations. From here, I will be cutting out some smaller rust spots and welding in new sheet metal. So far I haven't run into any rust that would require a whole panel replacement, just some pitting. Stay tuned!

Prior Day
Next Day

Copyright 2011 All rights reserved.