1/11/2010 Garage work and ordering parts...

Unfortunately I have no new pictures today. But I have been busy. I was able to get the media to blast the wheels, 100 lbs, which should be enough for all of my projects. When I sandblasted the Datsun, I used "Silica Sand", without a dust mask or anything. Breathing silica sand dust causes "Silicosis" (which is bad). So I bought the correct blasting media, a few dust masks and blasting gloves.

I put the car on the rollers that it came with so I can move it around the garage which has been very convenient as I put away Christmas decorations and build out my work area. Tonight, I removed the brake booster which contained most of the missing brake fluid. I set it upside down to drain and will give it a once over before re-installing. I was able to locate a new repro brake master cylinder, so Im waiting for that to arrive.

For now I'll wait for the brake booster and my carb needles to arrive. If I have time while Im waiting, I'll get back to buffing out those trim rings and center caps for the wheels. More pictures to come!

Prior Day
Next Day

Copyright 2010 All rights reserved.